WTF To Do About CreateNSW? FoI them! – The Arts Party
CreateNSW Funding Round ‘Worst Ever’
August 5, 2018
Vale Malcolm Turnbull. Tony, please join him.
August 30, 2018

WTF To Do About CreateNSW? FoI them!

In response to the shocking level of funding awarded from the last CreateNSW Arts & Culture Round (see this post), we have undertaken a Freedom of Information Application via the Department of Planning (CreateNSW falls under them). After a few attempts we now have an approved application:

Acknowledgement of receipt of a valid access application

I refer to your request received on 14 August 2018 and made valid on 21 August 2018, under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act), to obtain the following information:

  1. copies of the meeting minutes and tape recordings from the assessment meetings;
  2. copies of the meeting minutes and tape recordings from any meetings with the Minister regarding funding round recommendations;
  3. copies of emails between the Minister’s office and members of the assessment panel regarding the funding round assessments; and
  4. final versions of all briefing materials for Minister approval.

 OUR FIRST EVER FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST!!!!

Time for decision

We will decide your application by 18 September 2018. However, if we need to consult third parties or retrieve archived records, this period will be extended by 10 working days or further period as agreed. You will be advised if this is the case.


UPDATE SEPTEMBER 4th

Your request captures information concerning the affairs of a third party. I am consulting with this third party to see if they want to raise any concerns about the release of the information for me to consider when making a decision.

The time to make a decision for your application has been extended to conduct consultation

In accordance with section 57(2) of the GIPA Act, I have extended the time to make a decision for your application by 10 working days to conduct consultation with a third party.

Your application is now due to be decided by 2 October 2018.