A more creative, educated, healthier and culturally connected life for us all.
To give every Australian the every opportunity to be the best version of themselves they can be.
the fresh voice Australian democracy needs!
We are a positive political movement inspired by arts thinking and action, dedicated to:
- Supporting creativity, community, tolerance and social connection.
- Building resilient, empowered communities across the country.
- Promoting creative, scientific and evidence based ideas that improve the quality of life for as many people as possible. That, of course, includes the environment.
- Working with all other political parties to make positive change.
Humanity is our greatest asset
EVERY Australian should be given the opportunity to be the best version of themselves they can be. Everyone should have access to lifelong, affordable, quality education and health services. Human communities and environments matter – people thrive in happy, resilient and tolerant communities, rich in culture and creativity. Australians come from across the world and also live across the world. We are proudly multicultural and promote tolerance, inclusion and diversity. This is an international movement that promotes ideas and approaches to improve lives and communities everywhere in the world.
Creativity, curiosity and collaboration are our greatest tools
We are all creative, curious and connected. These attributes should be encouraged in us throughout our lives. Human curiosity and creativity, matched with our ability to collaborate and work towards a common goal, is responsible for all human progress ever, in every field. We must always encourage creativity in every form. We can question the status quo, look for better ways to run our societies, to understand and improve ourselves and fulfill our potential. Science, like the Arts, is driven by those same tools. They are two sides of the same coin. We must work side by side, creating positive future outcomes for humanity and this planet, from our inevitable technological advancement.
The Arts are essential in all our lives
The Arts are the most accessible form of human creativity we have. They are the best way to bring people together, to build tolerance, empathy and connection, through shared experiences and emotions. They profoundly help spread new ideas, approaches and ways of thinking. We believe everyone has the right to enjoy and participate in the Arts, in all of its forms. While art for arts sake in private is improving for the individual, sharing that work as widely as possible maximises the opportunity for others to connect with you and your vision. The arts connect us, bind us and improve us.
All our policies adhere to these principles. We cannot support the policies of any party that contravenes them.
WHAT HAVE WE ACHIEVED ALREADY?
We are a positive movement inspired by arts thinking and action. We were:
- Crowdfunded into existence in 2014. Funded completely by donations.
- Reveived in excess of 2 million preference votes 1-6 so far.
- Well over 10% of all Australians have voted for us in elections since 2016.
- Our policies have been adopted by the Greens and many other political parties.
- Shown that there is another way outside the major federal parties.
- We are Australia’s Best Party!
THE NSW CENTRAL Team
The People Who Make It Happen