Victorian Establishment Committee To FormApril 27, 2018
Liberal Council Votes to Privatise The ABCJune 17, 2018
We’ve just received a shamelessly political budget, promising more money back in everybody’s pocket. However it seems possible that much of the budget won’t get through the senate, for a variety of reasons. But what is evident is the government, and the opposition, are battling it out for the title of The Party of Lower Taxes. Perhaps there’s a federal election coming sooner than we think!
- $140m for foreign film production over here
- No change to Screen Producers 40% offset
- $14.6m increase to SBS (though they lost $50m in the last 3 years)
- Cheaper beer
- More earning options for pensioners
- Forcing tech giants to pay more tax
- Australian Space Agency!
- ABC funding cut by $84m!
- Not a mention of arts and culture anywhere (receiving only 0.26% of budget!)
- Tax breaks for the richest in society (including all federal politicians)
- Further tax cuts for massive corporations
- No new support for domestic film production
- No changes to the annual R&D funding system for the creative industries
Interested in understanding more?
Superb interactive breakdown by the ABC
If you’d like to see more support and recognition for the importance of Arts, Culture and Creativity in the future of this country, please join this party, for FREE, today.